Hi Everyone, I am back and feeling so much better about school. I am currently in Ed. 676. and I truly feel that this class, has been a huge assett to me. In the first chapter of this book, I learned that I can have more than one mentor, and that each mentor can be for something else. I hope that in this class, I learn how to be an amazing assets to my students as well as be able to help them create a space just for them.
It is with a Heavy Heart and sad final week of classes that I have to report my last S7S for this term.
1) I appreciate all of my teachers this term, and their faith in my and I thank them for never giving up on me.
2) I appreciate my Where I am From poem that I have made as my make, and my books of quotes that I started this term. all of the positive vibes I received this semester has stuck with me.
3) I appreciate Christina Cantrill sharing with us her Six Images. It seems like an amazing idea that I can introduce students to when I start teaching.
4) I appreciate the teacher who asked her what they wished that she knew. Because I think it’s important that every teacher do this in all of their classes. I feel like this could be a way to give kids a safe haven or an outlet or anyway for the teacher to help them. .
5)I appreciate Badges, and Connected Learning in ways I didn’t think I would. Finding new ways to set up meetings and group meetings and different place to come together for a common purpose.
6) I appreciate Clequity, Techquity, and the ability to learn and teach through games. I Lost the game AGAIN!
7) I appreciate that technology, and connected learning allow teachers to teach children that the World Is round, and that I can hangout on google with someone in china via technology. I love technology and all it does to help us and our students.
1) I appreciate the gift of patient & understanding teachers.
2) I appreciate the gift of amazing students & teachers that share some really motivating and amazing videos that truly make me think of ways to change and how i can use connected learning, and my passion for reading as a gift to help someone else.
3) I appreciate that shared interests make for more amazing learning experiences and that I can share my shared interests with new people all of the time and meet new people everyday.
4) I appreciate that Spring has Sprung, it’s almost April and the showers have started to bring us those May Flowers. My Tree has little buds on them.
5) I appreciate that through-out this semester i have met many amazing people from many walks of life and they are all pretty amazing.
6) I appreciate YesPhilly and what they are doing for young adults, and the Video Pushouts & Dropouts.
7) I appreciate Joy Kirr’s Passion-Based Learning Video because I am passionate about reading and I want to let me students teach me what they are passionate about.
Enjoy your weekend everyone,
Wow, Week 10! It seems like the semester just started and we are already past the half way point. When I started this Journey into connected learning I definitely felt like I was taking these classes to not only get better at teaching computers, but helping my students do better work with technology. Technology is a friend, not the enemy, and I find as I work with other teachers that are not tech-friendly they decide against using technology in their own classrooms. Heres what I have learned. Technology is an amazing way to connect with each other in so many lessons. I love the fact that in my class I’ve met several people from the many different Writing projects, as well as people who use Games to teach their classroom. ( I just lost the game)! I am finding that when I was younger and wanted more than anything to just make different things whether it was cooking or baking, or a bead bracelet/ necklace, Now i can use technology and search for different communities of practice. Take for example author Jane Austen. If you type into your Google search box: Jane Austen, there is a Jane Austen Society. You can also search for Jane Austen groups on twitter and Facebook and meet new people that way. I love that technology gives us freedoms to express ourselves as well as connect with amazing people. Connected learning is an amazing tool to have in every school and classroom.
Hi Everyone this is my f5f.
1) I appreciate all of our hangouts. That we get to meet, and chat and truly come together, and discuss Techquity, and clequity, as well as connected learning.
2) I appreciate that my classmates post thoughtful articles and stories that we can all respond to ( Eric’s post) and have a good discussion.
3) I appreciate that Connected learning is creating so many different jobs, as well as creating a purpose for students to come together as a group and share their findings.
4) I appreciate that we have been able to hack our own hacks, that when I write my S7S or S6S or F5F that we have been able to change that.
5) I appreciate our connected learning network as a connected learning discussion board. I love how we can come together online and just talk about connected learning and how we can help our students.
Hi Everyone hope everyone has had an amazing weekend. My prompt this week was what am I most passionate about with connected learning, and I have to say that truthfully I am most passionate about the fact that in my time as a teacher I will be able to give my students a way to connect with each other in class and out of class. I can create group chats, and hangouts and also a way to connect with their parents. Connected Learning is the future, and I think that being able to connect with the students parents is just another way to make sure that the parents stay active and involved in their child’s education. I also find it truly amazing to teach my students that with one google hangout they can speak to someone in China about one thing our class is discussing. I think that being able to remind our students that America is not the only country in the world, as i said previously the world is round, and I love being able to teach that to my students.
Enjoy your Monday
Hey Everyone I really really really need to set some reminders for myself to remember to blog. Sorry this is so so so late. Our prompt was: What are you making? And what you noticing about your making? What questions does it raise re: connected learning, equity, and teaching?
I am currently crocheting a blanket. I have noticed that as I make it, I wonder what it would be like to teach my students an activity. For example, I would love to teach them how to make potholders, and connect it to making how to videos, I would also love for them to teach each other one thing that they know how to do. I want them to connect to each lesson and take from it that they are able to succeed in each lesson that they are given. I want to discover how I can teach children to use safe searches in the classroom to locate information for their classes. I want to teach my children #Techquity, #clequity, and teach them to use their connections for a positive outcome in their own futures.
Enjoy your weekend’s
Our prompt this week was our journey in Ed 677 as well as our life and I’d like to take sometime to reflect on that.
1. I am grateful for my amazing for family pushing me to go back to school. I’m never confident in my ability and they always say the right things to make me more confident in myself.
2. I am actually grateful that I was let go from my last job because if they hadn’t let me go than I wouldn’t have my amazing job and I wouldn’t be back at school.
3. I am grateful to Arcadia university for making sure that we have the tools we need to be successful student’s.
4. I am grateful for my high school English professor for pushing me to read as much as I can, because without her I wouldn’t be where I am today.
5. I am truly grateful to have the most amazing friends a girl can ask for. They tell me what I need to hear not what I want to hear.
6. I am grateful to all of my Arcadia professors, all of whom have helped me grow professionally as well as personally.
7. Lastly I am thankful to God for giving me the direction I needed in my life. Without his presence in my life I’m not sure where I would be.
I am so truly thankful for this particular assignment because it is very rare that I get to think about everything I’m grateful for and what I appreciate in my life. So thank you Professor for this assignment it means more to me than you realize
Enjoy your week everyone.