It is with a Heavy Heart and sad final week of classes that I have to report my last S7S for this term.
1) I appreciate all of my teachers this term, and their faith in my and I thank them for never giving up on me.
2) I appreciate my Where I am From poem that I have made as my make, and my books of quotes that I started this term. all of the positive vibes I received this semester has stuck with me.
3) I appreciate Christina Cantrill sharing with us her Six Images. It seems like an amazing idea that I can introduce students to when I start teaching.
4) I appreciate the teacher who asked her what they wished that she knew. Because I think it’s important that every teacher do this in all of their classes. I feel like this could be a way to give kids a safe haven or an outlet or anyway for the teacher to help them. .
5)I appreciate Badges, and Connected Learning in ways I didn’t think I would. Finding new ways to set up meetings and group meetings and different place to come together for a common purpose.
6) I appreciate Clequity, Techquity, and the ability to learn and teach through games. I Lost the game AGAIN!
7) I appreciate that technology, and connected learning allow teachers to teach children that the World Is round, and that I can hangout on google with someone in china via technology. I love technology and all it does to help us and our students.
1) I appreciate the gift of patient & understanding teachers.
2) I appreciate the gift of amazing students & teachers that share some really motivating and amazing videos that truly make me think of ways to change and how i can use connected learning, and my passion for reading as a gift to help someone else.
3) I appreciate that shared interests make for more amazing learning experiences and that I can share my shared interests with new people all of the time and meet new people everyday.
4) I appreciate that Spring has Sprung, it’s almost April and the showers have started to bring us those May Flowers. My Tree has little buds on them.
5) I appreciate that through-out this semester i have met many amazing people from many walks of life and they are all pretty amazing.
6) I appreciate YesPhilly and what they are doing for young adults, and the Video Pushouts & Dropouts.
7) I appreciate Joy Kirr’s Passion-Based Learning Video because I am passionate about reading and I want to let me students teach me what they are passionate about.
Enjoy your weekend everyone,
Wow, Week 10! It seems like the semester just started and we are already past the half way point. When I started this Journey into connected learning I definitely felt like I was taking these classes to not only get better at teaching computers, but helping my students do better work with technology. Technology is a friend, not the enemy, and I find as I work with other teachers that are not tech-friendly they decide against using technology in their own classrooms. Heres what I have learned. Technology is an amazing way to connect with each other in so many lessons. I love the fact that in my class I’ve met several people from the many different Writing projects, as well as people who use Games to teach their classroom. ( I just lost the game)! I am finding that when I was younger and wanted more than anything to just make different things whether it was cooking or baking, or a bead bracelet/ necklace, Now i can use technology and search for different communities of practice. Take for example author Jane Austen. If you type into your Google search box: Jane Austen, there is a Jane Austen Society. You can also search for Jane Austen groups on twitter and Facebook and meet new people that way. I love that technology gives us freedoms to express ourselves as well as connect with amazing people. Connected learning is an amazing tool to have in every school and classroom.
Our prompt this week was our journey in Ed 677 as well as our life and I’d like to take sometime to reflect on that.
1. I am grateful for my amazing for family pushing me to go back to school. I’m never confident in my ability and they always say the right things to make me more confident in myself.
2. I am actually grateful that I was let go from my last job because if they hadn’t let me go than I wouldn’t have my amazing job and I wouldn’t be back at school.
3. I am grateful to Arcadia university for making sure that we have the tools we need to be successful student’s.
4. I am grateful for my high school English professor for pushing me to read as much as I can, because without her I wouldn’t be where I am today.
5. I am truly grateful to have the most amazing friends a girl can ask for. They tell me what I need to hear not what I want to hear.
6. I am grateful to all of my Arcadia professors, all of whom have helped me grow professionally as well as personally.
7. Lastly I am thankful to God for giving me the direction I needed in my life. Without his presence in my life I’m not sure where I would be.
I am so truly thankful for this particular assignment because it is very rare that I get to think about everything I’m grateful for and what I appreciate in my life. So thank you Professor for this assignment it means more to me than you realize
Enjoy your week everyone.